Ever wondered how your favourite photographers get those polished final images? Now you can learn the secrets behind the edit.
Price Per Person: $400
Date: June 3. 2017
Location: Calgary Ab
Maximum of 10 people, minimum 4.
As photographers, our goal is always to get the best shot we can ‘in camera’, but there are some things the camera just can’t do. Just like the good ol’ darkroom days we can get creative and make your images look the best they can.
Come for a full day Post Processing Workshop, where we will process our images together step-by-step.
If you are like me you probably like to press the shutter button, a lot! It can be daunting to sort through and process all the shots. I will teach you ways to sort, rate and organize your images to ease the process.
Editing software can sound like a intimidating thing, with this workshop you will leave more familiar and comfortable with editing your images. Once you see what your images look like, you will go back to process more.
Over the years, I’ve developed my image processing workflow to be quick, impactful yet natural. After a successful shoot I can’t wait to get back to the computer and process my images, to me it is just another step in the photography process. Like the days of the darkroom.
I will show you my entire post processing workflow. We will start with storing, sorting, naming, BACKING UP, then move the creative side and start with Adobe Camera Raw process and then finish our images in Adobe Photoshop.
In this Full Day Workshop we’ll cover the following topics:
- The power of Adobe Camera Raw
- Sharpening and Noise Reduction
- How to use lens profiles
- How to enhance colours with HSL
- Removing chromatic aberration
- Exposure Blending
- Focus stacking
- HDR, High Dynamic Range (Optional)
- Panoramic Stitching (Optional)
- Star Trails (Optional)
- Spot removal
- How to use the ‘Curves’ tool
- Basic Colour Correction
- How to ‘Dodge’ and ‘Burn’
- Understanding Image Resolution
- How to use Photoshop ‘Actions’ to save time
- Preparing your images for the web
- Preparing your images for print
This ‘Post Processing Workshop’ is a full day class starting at 9am ending at 6PM, with an hour lunch and plenty of breaks.
WHAT TO BRING
- A computer with a current version of Adobe Photoshop already installed and running.
- A current copy of Adobe Bridge and Adobe Camera Raw installed and working on your computer. You can download a trial version right from the Adobe site.
Make Your Photos Pop
With my tried and tested techniques you’ll be able to coax amazing detail out of your RAW files and make your photos pop like they should.
Why not invest in improving your image processing skills and have fun while doing it? Join this two workshop and turbo charge your photography portfolio by getting your images to look their best.