Come along with me on an one on one adventure through the Rockies! Year round we will head to some of the most iconic locations in Banff National Park. Since our adventure is just the two of us we can plan the day how you want. We will start with a sunrise session and then spend the morning finding other great locations. When we break for lunch we will take the opportunity to review our images and even get some post processing advice. After lunch we will hit up some more epic vistas before finding our way to the sunset location for the day.
If you are feeling up for the adventure we can add a half day or additional days (upto a total of three days max) this way we can venture out to capture the night sky and cover more locations.
What You Will Learn:
* How to create compelling landscape compositions.
* How to use find your story.
* How to branch out and use a variety of lenses
* How to see and understand the light and take advantage of it in all conditions.
What is included:
* All transportation within the workshop from our meet point in Banff National Park
* Access to my knowledge and skillset
* Guided access to Banff national Park
What’s Not Included:
* Airfare to Calgary Ab Canada
* Transportation to Banff National Park (rental cars or bus services to banff from airport available)
* Park Fees
* Meals and Beverages
* Travel insurance (proof of insurance will be required)
* Any sort of spare camera equipment
What You Will Need:
* A DSLR camera body (second body recommended if first fails)
* Variety of lenses. A wide angle is a must have 14-24mm range, mid 24-70mm range and a long lens such as a 70-200mm is suggested. (camera gear is the sole responsibility of the participants)
* A sturdy tripod
* An intervalometer
* A headlamp or flashlight
* Hiking boots (high top recommended)
* Rain jacket and rain bag for your camera
* Multiple batteries and their charger, they drain quickly in the cold
* A 10 or 6 stop neutral density filter for your wide angle lens
* An up-to-date passport (*note: depending on your country of residence, a visa may be required)
* laptop with back up drive and power
* extra memory cards and readers
* lens cloths
* camera bag
* North American plugs
* Appropriate clothing is a must, in the summer a variety of quick dry hiking pants, hiking socks and tops are required. Remember the temps change quickly so a base, mid and top layer are always a good idea.
* Outer waterproof/windproof jacket and pants for the wet
* A warm but compact down jacket for the cold days
* Rain boots or waders are suggested for places that composition work best in the water.
* For our winter tours a -20C and below parka is required to fight off the damage of cold weather
* gloves, balaclavas and proper warm headwear required for the win tours as well
* micro spikes or yack tracks for grip on our winter adventures
This workshop will include some moderate hikes on uneven ground and loose gravel and ice. You are required to be able to hike 2 miles (round trip) with moderate elevation gain, with you camera gear unassisted. If you are un able to do so I will do my best to suggest alternative vantage points while the group is shooting from the main location.
Getting to Banff:
You will need to fly into the Calgary Alberta Canada. From the airport you will need to rent a car or find a bus service and travel to Banff national Park. Maps and exact itinerary will be provided prior to our workshop
You may pay in full or put a deposit to hold the desired dates. If a deposit is chosen the remaining balance of the deposit will be due two days prior to the workshop starting.
Please email me before booking to confirm potential dates and clarify any other questions.